Fishing on Norway Lake
This beautiful lake was named for the large number of Norwegian immigrants who first selected this rolling area of lakes. It is a proficient fishery with Walleye, Largemouth bass, Northern Pike, Bluegills, Crappies & Sunfish in good numbers. Check out our Photo Album in the Store!
Norway Lake has its own Lake Association which has 4 rearing ponds to stock the lake.
WATER BONGO TRAMPOLINE, HYDROBIKES, PADDLEBOATS, KAYAKS, CHILDREN’S POWER PADDLER, CHILDREN’S SLIDE AND GAME ROOM ACTIVITIES FREE FOR YOUR ENJOYMENT!
Norway Lake consists of 2,344 acres and over 22 miles of shoreline including West Norway and Little Norway. You can also reach Games Lake(which consists of 515 acres) by boat with your own watercraft. Plenty of fish and plenty of water to navigate in around here
Spend hours of fun and relaxation in the sun and the water along the shore of our resort. Our shoreline features 400 feet of waterfront with a safe beach and enclosed Kid Safe Swim area for the little ones. Nice solid sandy bottom out at swim raft.
Hydrobikes, a swim raft, water volleyball, kids slide, paddleboats, power paddler for little kids and kayaks are great for all ages. Water skiing, wake boarding, knee boarding, tubing and even barefoot skiing are also very popular. Or just sit on one of the many benches, docks or decks, watch the activity, soak it all in and ENJOY!
Shop our convenience store for your food essentials or ice. Browse the Clothing, Caps and other souvenirs. Perhaps you won’t be able to leave the store without a tasty & refreshing Schwan’s ice cream treat! Refrigerator & Freezer off from November to May. Non-perishable during this time. We also have a vast array of “Board Games” for all ages to check out of the office for the Lodge or your cabin.
People of all ages will enjoy the Lodge/Activity Center/Children’s Play Room for Foosball, Ping Pong & Pool. Or, just relax in the lounge area and watch some TV or a movie, read a book/magazine or play some board games with your family or friends. We have a special area set up for the “Small Tots” with activity table/chairs and lots of books and toys.
Shoot some basketball on the court outside the Lodge Center, play croquet or sandbag toss.
NEW: PUTT-PUTT GOLF!!
Kids can keep busy in our fun safe playground areas. The play set features 3 swings including a toddler/baby swing, a curved slide coming off the “tarped fort” area. Little Tikes slides and teeter-totter and picnic table. Or play in the sandbox area…a very popular spot for the tots!
There’s something for everyone! Come join us!
Join us in the winter for Snowmobiling, Ice Fishing, or Cross Country Skiing. It is not uncommon to see several “communities” of ice-fish houses on the lake. We have large, comfortable, warm fish houses for rent also!
Scrapbooking, Quilting, Bridal Showers, Birthday Parties and Singles and Women’s Retreats and Worship Team Retreats have been the popular trend for Fall, Winter and Spring vacations. Join us for a weekend or longer as you treasure time with friends or family.
Join us for a Get-a-Way…check our awesome rates…come be our Guest!
Sibley State Park is just 3 miles away to an abundance of groomed cross country ski trails and miles of snowmobile trails & winter hiking trails. Connect up with over 30 miles of groomed snowmobiling trails throughout Kandiyohi County. Our winter units are fully insulated and heated with electric or gas furnace. Reduced rates! What a fun way to make a fun winter vacation memory! Plan a surprise Birthday Party, Photo Album Party, Quilting Weekend or Ladies Get-Together now! Give us a call to check availability.
Toll Free (877) 813-7317
- Overall, experience Clean modern cabin units, beautiful grounds, with minimal mosquitos – controlled by 3 constantly operating mosquito magnets, “family-friendly” exceptional service and amenities for all ages!
- LakePlace.com Member
- Take in a movie at one of the local theaters: Carmike Cinema
- “Big Kahuna Park” Go cart track, mini golf, water bumper cars, NASCAR Race Cars
- Riding stables Flanders River Ranch
- Visit the many antique, quilt, gift shops and coffee houses in the area.
- Explore the new Glacial Lakes State Trail for a 15 mile biking
- (rentals call: 320-796-6334), hiking, in-line skating, running, snowmobiling, cross country skiing trail.
- Visit Sibley State Park (one of the nicest parks) which is located just 3 miles from Sunset Shores. Biking, Hiking, Nature Center, Mount Tom Tower. Winter Cross Country and Groomed Snowmobile Trails.
- Enjoy a perfect farm day for kids at the A Maze-n Farmyard. http://www.amazenfarmyard.com
- Enjoy dining at one of the many unique restaurants in the area.
- Minneapolis/St. Paul (only 2 hours from Sunset Shores), has many things to offer including Valley Fair, Twins Baseball, and the Mall of America. http://www.mallofamerica.com
- See the State and National Champion Little Crow Water Ski Team perform. http://www.littlecrowskiteam.com
- Free tennis in New London (rackets & balls at resort).
- Spend a day shopping at Albertsville Outlet Mall less than an hour and a half away!
- Play golf at one of seven area golf courses.